Saturday, June 19, 2010

ADULT PARTY: Baby Blue Shower

For my good friend Jhoanne's baby shower I was in charge of the invitations and cupcakes. I love this woman, and we were pregnant together. Throughout her pregnancy she shared her ultrasound pictures with us and seeing a baby grow through the different stages of pregnancy is always amazing. I figured using those pictures on the invitation would make it more personal than some generic baby clip art. I wanted to again do something different, away from typical baby shower themes but she said she wanted blue! So blue it was!

For the invitations, I fell in love with a timeline invite on Tiny Prints and used it as inspiration to make my own.

This is the Modern Timeline invite from Tiny Prints






   This is what I ended up with




I also made cupcake picks to top chocolate and red velvet cupcakes. I found blue argyle print scrapbook paper at Michael's. I made round labels with the baby's name, initial and "sweet baby boy" that I then glued to the argyle printed paper.





I love making lollipops. I bought an "It's a Boy" lollipop mold during my last pregnancy knowing I'd put it to lots of use. I first made them for my girls to take to school to announce the birth of their brother. Next, I used them for Jhoanne's shower. I added personalized stickers on the back of each pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment