Saturday, June 19, 2010

ADULT PARTY: Emma's Garden Party

I love throwing parties. When I'm out of occasions of my own, I love helping friends and family make their parties memorable. Last year I helped my friends throw their mom a surprise birthday luncheon. The birthday celebrant, Emma, has been like a second mother to me so helping throw her party was very important.
This woman does it all, she cooks, gardens, decorates and more. She is our very own Martha Stewart. For the party, her love for gardening and flowers inspired the theme.



The invitations were a simple green and brown floral inspired design



The centerpieces were cymbidium orchids submerged in a tall cylinder vase with curly willow and natural colored stones. We alternated between green and white orchids.






To celebrate her love of gardening, we gave out seed packets as favors. We took already packaged seeds and inserted them in personalized envelopes.



A table filled with photos of Emma with her family, friends, and during her travels around the world made for great conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment