Heather says she and her fiance Stephen wanted to reflect their California roots and love of wine in their "California Romance" themed wedding. However, with ready-made wine cork escort card holders costing around $2 each, they decided to make this a DIY project.
For their project, they bought a package of 100 corks with a preprinted grapevine design for $15 from Winemakers Depot. While they had a lot of fun making these holders, Heather advises not waiting until the last minute to do this project as it took them a few months to complete it.
Heather was kind enough to share instructions on how to make these beautiful card holders.
You will need:
a small hand saw
small vice to hold the corks in place
protective gloves and glasses
small sharp knife
* Please wear protective gloves and glasses when working with sharp objects*
1. secure the cork tightly in the vice
2. using the hand saw, cut the cork in half lengthwise
3. using the knife, cut a slit on top of the cork long enough to hold your card
4. decorate the cork as desired with markers
What a wonderful project! Thank you Heather for sharing!
photos: Alex Neumann Photography